The following Building Rules and Regulations have been established to provide a safe and well-maintained business environment for all tenants. For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations, the term “Tenant” shall include Tenant and Tenant’s employees, agents, contractors, licensees, visitors, and invitees. Please note that some of the Rules and Regulations may be specific to your lease so it is necessary to refer to it for direction.
1) Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building is prohibited and each Tenant shall cooperate in seeking their prevention. Tenant shall not make any room-to-room canvas to solicit business from other tenants in the Building and shall not exhibit, sell or offer to sell, use, rent or exchange any item or services in or from the Premises unless ordinarily included within Tenant’s use of the Premises as specified in the Lease.
2) Tenant shall not make any use of the Premises which may be dangerous to person or Building or which shall increase the cost of insurance or require additional insurance coverage.
3) Tenant shall not paint, display, inscribe or affix any sign, picture, advertisement, notice, lettering or direction or install any lights on any part of the outside or inside of the Building, other than the Premises, and then not on any part of the inside of the Premises which can be seen from outside the Premises, except as approved by Landlord in writing.
4) Tenant shall not use the name of the Building or other tenants in the Building in advertising or other publicity, except as the address of its business, and shall not use pictures of the Building in advertising or publicity.
5) Tenant shall not obstruct or place objects on or in landscape areas, sidewalks, entrances, passages, courts, balcony, corridors, vestibules, halls, elevators and stairways in and about the Building and Property. Tenant shall not place objects against glass partitions or doors or windows (including interior atrium windows) or adjacent to any open common space which would be unsightly from the Building corridors and atrium or from the exterior of the Building. Tenant shall not swept or thrown debris or objects into corridors, halls, elevator shafts, restrooms, loading dock area, stairways or other parts of the public area.
6) Bicycles shall not be permitted in the Building other than in locations designated by Landlord.
7) Tenant shall not allow any birds, fish or any animals, other than service and/or seeing-eye dogs, in the Premises or the Building.
8) Tenant shall not disturb other tenants or make excessive noises, cause disturbances, create excessive vibrations, odors or noxious fumes or use or operate any electrical or electronic devices or other devices that emit excessive sound waves or are dangerous to other tenants of the Building or that would interfere with the operation of any device or equipment or radio or television broadcasting or reception from or within the Building or elsewhere, and shall not place or install any projections, antennae, aerials or similar devices outside of the Building or the Premises.
9) Tenant shall not waste electricity or water and shall cooperate fully with Landlord to assure the most effective operation of the Building’s heating and air conditioning, and shall refrain from attempting to adjust any control. Tenant shall keep all doors to the Premises closed. Tenant shall not use personal heater, fans or other appliances in private offices, cubicles, or other work areas as they are a fire/life safety concern and may affect the Building’s mechanical systems operations. If Tenant requires climate control at any time after Normal Business Hours, Landlord shall use reasonable efforts to furnish such service upon reasonable notice from the Tenant, and Tenant shall pay Landlord’s charges therefore on demand.
10) Tenant shall not change any locks or place additional locks upon any door without prior written consent of Landlord. Unless Tenant installs new doors to the Premises, Landlord shall furnish two (2) sets of keys for all doors to the Premises at the commencement of the Term. Tenant shall furnish Landlord with duplicate keys for any new or additional locks on doors installed by Tenant. When the Lease is terminated, Tenant shall deliver all keys to Landlord and will provide to Landlord the means of opening any safes, cabinets or vaults left in the Premises.
11) Except as otherwise provided in the Lease, Tenant shall not install any signal, communication, alarm or other utility or service system or equipment without the prior written consent of Landlord. If Tenant desires to introduce electrical, signaling, telegraphic, telephonic, protective alarm or other wires, apparatus or devices, Landlord shall direct where and how the same are to be placed, and except as so directed, no installation boring or cutting shall be permitted unless approved by Landlord. Landlord shall have the right to prevent and to cut off the transmission of excessive or dangerous current of electricity or annoyances into or through the Building or the Premises and to require the changing of wiring connections or layout at Tenant’s expense, to the extent that Landlord may deem necessary, and further to require compliance with such reasonable rules as Landlord may establish relating thereto, and in the event of non-compliance with the requirements or rules, Landlord shall have the right immediately to cut wiring or to do what it considers necessary to remove the danger, annoyance or electrical interference with apparatus in any part of the Building. All wires installed by Tenant must be clearly tagged at the distributing boards and junction boxes and elsewhere where required by Landlord, with the number of the office to which said wires lead, and the purpose for which the wires respectively are used, together with the name and contact information of the concern, if any, operating same.
12) Nothing shall be attached to the outside of walls, windows or Building exterior. Tenant shall not use any draperies or other window coverings instead of or in addition to the Building standard window coverings designated and approved by Landlord for exclusive use throughout the Building.
13) Landlord may require that all persons who enter or leave the Building identify themselves to watchmen, by registration or otherwise. Landlord, however, shall have no responsibility or liability for any theft, robbery or other crime in the Building. Tenant shall assume full responsibility for protecting the Premises, including keeping all doors to the Premises locked after the close of business.
14) Tenant shall not place weights anywhere beyond the safe carrying capacity of the Building; and Tenant shall obtain Landlord’s prior written approval as to size, maximum weight, routing and location of business machines, safes, and heavy objects. Tenant shall not install or operate machinery or any mechanical devices of a nature not directly related to Tenant’s ordinary use of the Premises.
15) Furniture, equipment and other large articles may be brought into the Building only at the time and in the manner designated by Landlord. Tenant shall furnish Landlord with a list of furniture, equipment and other large articles which are to be removed from the Building, and Landlord may require permits or proof of ownership before allowing anything to be moved in or out of the Building. Movements of Tenant’s property into or out of the Building and within the Building are entirely at the risk and responsibility of Tenant. (See section titled “Move In – Move Out” )
16) No person or contractor, unless approved in advance by Landlord, shall be employed to do janitorial work, interior window washing, cleaning, decorating or similar services in the Premises. With respect to work being performed by a Tenant in its Premise with the approval of Landlord, the Tenant shall refer all contractors, contractors’ representatives and installations technicians to the Building Manager for its supervision, approval and control prior to the performance of any work or services. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building including installation of telephones, computers, HVAC equipment, electrical devices and attachments. Landlord requires a copy of Tenant’s contractors’ current insurance certificate listing Landlord and Building Manager, if applicable, as additional insured and at the coverage amounts as reasonably determined by Landlord prior to the performance of any work or services. (See section titled “Insurance Requirements – Vendor” )
17) Tenant shall not use the Premises for lodging, cooking (except for commercial rated Underwriting Laboratories (UL) approved microwave reheating, dishwashers, refrigerator, and coffee makers and be free of frayed wires, loose connections and/or broken sockets) or manufacturing or selling any alcoholic beverages or for any illegal purposes. No grills are permitted on the property unless approved by Landlord in advance. No candles, incense or other flammables or open flame are permitted in the Building or on the Property grounds.
18) In no event shall Tenant bring into the Building inflammables such as gasoline, kerosene, propane, naphtha and benzene, or explosives or firearms or any other articles of an intrinsically dangerous nature.
19) Tenant shall not cover, or in any way tamper with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, pull stations, horn/strobe devices, sprinkler heads or pipes, or fire extinguishers. Tenant shall comply with all safety, fire protection and evacuation procedures and Fire/Life Safety regulations established by Landlord or any governmental agency.
20) Tenant shall cooperate and participate in all reasonable security programs affecting the Building.
21) Tenant is permitted to eat, drink, or sit in the main lobby. Tenant shall properly dispose of all trash and be respectful of others when on phone or during conversation when in public spaces . Tenant may not lie on the floor or other furniture in the lobby or other public areas in the Building. Tenant shall not go onto the roof of the Building or any other non-public areas of the Building (except the Premises), and Landlord reserves all rights to control the public and non-public areas of the Building. In no event shall Tenant have access to any electrical, telephone, plumbing or other mechanical closets without Landlord’s prior written consent.
22) Tenant shall comply with any move-in/move-out rules provided by Landlord. (See Section titled “Move In – Move Out” of Tenant Handbook & Emergency Procedures.)
23) Tenant shall not use the passenger elevator or other areas of the Building except in accordance with regulations of their use established by Landlord. Licensed commercial movers must make all deliveries of furniture, freight, office equipment, or other materials for receipt by a Tenant via the passenger elevator of the Building. However, prior approval must be obtained from Building Management for any deliveries that might interfere with free movement of others through the public corridors of the Building. In the delivery or receipt of merchandise, freight or other matter, only hand trucks or other means of conveyance equipped with rubber tires, rubber side guards and such other safeguards as Landlord may require shall be used in order to protect the finishes of the Building. Tenant will be responsible for any damages caused to the Building and/or Property because of their deliveries.
24) Tenant shall not dispose of any foreign substances in the toilets, urinals, sinks or other washroom facilities, nor shall Tenant permit such items to be use other than for their intended purposes. Depositing excess toilet paper, coffee grounds, food, grease, or other substances in sinks, toilets, drains, or other plumbing fixtures can cause damages and repair charges. Tenant shall be liable for all damage as a result of a violation of this rule.
25) Tenant shall pay to Landlord on demand the costs incurred by Landlord for extra or unusual cleaning required because of the condition of nature of the Premises.
26) No material shall be placed in the dumpsters or receptacles in the Building unless such material may be disposed of in the ordinary and customary manner of removing and disposing of trash, garbage or recycling and will not result in a violation of any Laws governing such disposal. Tenant shall pay to Landlord on demand any costs incurred by Landlord for fees incurred.
27) Smoking is not prohibited within the Building, including Tenant’s premises and within twenty five (25) feet from the main entrance to the Building. Smoking is only permitted on the north side of the building, near the ash tray supplied for purpose of disposal.
28) If the Tenant’s premises become infested with vermin, such Tenant, at its sole cost and expense, shall cause its premises to be exterminated, from time to time, to the satisfaction of the Landlord, and shall employ such exterminators therefore as shall be approved by Landlord.
29) No auction, fire, bankruptcy or selling-out sales shall be conducted on or about the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord.
30) Tenant shall not permit picketing or other union activity involving its employees in the Building except in those locations and subject to time and other limitations as to which Landlord may give prior written consent.
31) Tenant shall have the right, at Tenant’s sole risk and responsibility, to use only Tenant’s share of the parking spaces at the Building / Property as reasonably determined by Landlord. Tenant shall comply with all parking regulations promulgated by Landlord from time to time for the orderly use of the vehicle parking area, including without limitation the following: Parking shall be limited to automobiles, passenger or equivalent vans, motorcycles, light four wheel pickup trucks and (in designated areas) bicycles. No vehicles shall be left in the parking lot overnight without Landlord’s prior written approval. Parked vehicles shall not be used for vending or any other business or other activity while parked in the parking areas. Employee and Tenant vehicles shall not be parked in spaces marked for visitor parking or other specific use. Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord in any measure implemented by Landlord to control abuse of the parking areas, including without limitation access control programs, Tenant and guest vehicle identification programs and validated parking programs, if applicable, provided that no such validated parking program shall result in Tenant being charged for spaces to which it has a right to free use under its Lease. Each vehicle owner shall promptly respond to any sounding vehicle alarm or horn, and failure to do so may result in temporary or permanent exclusion of such vehicle from the parking areas. Tenant and any Employee shall observe and comply with the driving and parking signs and markers on the Building / Property. Any vehicle which violates the parking regulations may be cited, towed at the expense of the owner, temporarily or permanently excluded from the parking areas, or subject to other lawful consequences.
32) Tenant shall cause all of Tenant’s agents, contractors, and guests to comply with these Building Rules.
33) Landlord reserves the right to rescind, suspend or modify any rules or regulations and to make such other rules and regulations as, in Landlord’s reasonable judgment may from time to time be needed for the safety, protection, care, maintenance, operation and cleanliness of the Building. Notice of any action by Landlord referred to in this section, given to Tenant, shall have the same force and effect as if originally made a part of the foregoing Lease. New rules or regulations will not, however, be unreasonably inconsistent with the proper and rightful enjoyment of the Premises by Tenant under the Lease.
34) These Building Rules are not intended to give Tenant any rights or claims in the event Landlord does not enforce any of them against any other tenants or if Landlord does not have the right to enforce them against any other tenants and such no enforcement will not constitute a waiver as to Tenant.