In the event of a power failure in your space or in the Building:
- Building Management will investigate the problem and assist utility company if needed as well as follow up with Tenants on their findings.
- Xcel may also be available to ask questions, such as anticipated duration of outage, helping you determine how to proceed with your business.
- Emergency lights will direct staff to Building exits should evacuation become necessary.
- Do not congregate in the lobby or at the Building entrances. Emergency personnel may use these areas.
- Return to the Building when instructed by the proper authorities.
For some businesses, power outages can lead to security risks or significant loss in employee productivity. Therefore, every business should be prepared for power failure and take the necessary precautions to protect their critical equipment, telephone system, and even security to their premises so as to minimize the disruption to their business.
Use UL-listed surge protectors and battery backup systems for critical computer equipment. They will add protection for sensitive equipment and help prevent a computer crash in the event of a power failure. Back up computer data frequently or consider offsite and/or online storage.
If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure:
Remain calm. Do Not Panic.
On the elevator button panel, press the “Help” button.
- It will automatically call the elevator service company and report to them that you are trapped. (You will hear a recorded message playing twice before you are able to speak with the dispatch personnel. )
- They will immediately dispatch their technician for service.
In addition, push the RED “Alarm” button to sound so it can notify on-site personnel of your emergency.
Do Not attempt to force open the doors or crawl out of an elevator stuck between floors.